Oh Dam! Fines For Not Having A Water Use License

The National Water Act No. 36 of 1998 (NWA) identifies eleven different water uses in  Section 21 for which the Department of Water & Sanitation (DWS) must grant authorisation by giving a water use licence. Such uses include taking water from a water resource, storing water, impeding or diverting the flow of water in a watercourse, and engaging in a stream flow reduction activity. 

If you have any questions about applying for a water use licence, or other Labour or Land issues, contact McCarthy & Associates Attorneys on (033) 266 6170 or  via email


Source: McCarthy & Associates Attorneys